I was recently dumped by my boyfriend of two and a half years. And to be honest, I still haven't figured out why. He called me up one night, we chatted for 10 minutes, and he asked if he could come over. Since he goes to school an hour away, this was an unexpected visit, and I was happy. And he brought me a gift, and I was very happy. And then he dumped me, and I was fucking pissed. He thought that "things might go downhill later" and didn't want it to get ugly. He refused to fully explain himself. So the question is...what kind of a douchebag brings a present when they break up with someone??
Dumped in the D
Thanks for playing our game! Nothing shouts true love like "parting gift." You sure had yourself a winner, pumpkin. Normally, I'd suggest that he was cheating and that you should go all Carrie Underwood on his ass. But here's my theory--he's not very bright. Doesn't strike me as very charming--so I'm not sure he sounds like the kind of guy who could juggle two women at once--that requires a certain amount of skill. And the man who brings a present doesn't really have any.
Since this is by far one of the most absurd break-up stories I've heard, I have compiled a list of the worst. Please note that these are not set in stone, and I am willing to amend the list at any given time. I now present...
Bitter Amanda's Top 5 Lamest Break-Ups
1. Flavor of Love, Season Two. He brought New York back a second time, only to dump her AGAIN. On national television. That's cold, Flav.
2. Rory, Gilmore Girls. Please follow this link-----> HERE to find out what I mean. My BFF will kill me if I ruin anything for her. A girl has to have priorities.
3. Legally Blonde. He lets her get all excited for the big night, new dress and all. Takes her somewhere nice. When she's expecting him to pop the question, he drops the DUMPED bomb on her, and then has the nerve to tell her it's because she's not very smart. Classy.
4. Carrie and Berger, Sex and the City. The infamous Post-It note. Not even a real letter. Just a sticky yellow piece of paper.
5. This reader and her ridiculously stupid ex-boyfriend, the bringer of presents you'll never want to look at again. "What a lovely necklace**! Where did you get it?" "Oh, you know, Buttface brought it for me when he decided he didn't love me anymore. Sparkly!"
Again, these are negotiable. But you'll have to prove that you deserve to be on the list!
Anyway, pumpkin, I'd say you're better off without such a loser tagging along.
**It should be noted for readers that the nature of the consolation prize was not mentioned.