Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dear Stuntwoman...


Dear Bitter Amanda, 

Someone once asked me, "Is it possible for two people to love each other and not want to be with each other (or want to continue being alone)?" I didn't have a decent answer for them, but I'm hoping you do. 

Also, while we're on the subject, does love even exist? 

Emotionally Stunted.


Dear Stuntwoman, 
I assume we're talking love in a romantic way? (Gross. I hate the R word.) I'll surprise everyone by saying yes, I believe it does exist. Not in the way that movies make you think it does because come on, Ryan Gosling is not knocking on my door and that's the real tragedy here. It exists in ways that aren't always pretty or easy. And most of the time someone (MEN) screws it up by being a total douchebag. But sure, let's operate on the assumption that love exists. It gets thrown around and tangled by previously mentioned douchebaggery or the universe or the dude's girlfriend/wife that he neglected to tell you about. (Or maybe he did.) It doesn't fit into your life or you won't let it fit into your life or whatever. 
Basically, I'm saying there are a lot of factors working against you and your personal Ryan Gosling. Not all love results in a relationship. We have to start being ok with that. Relationships are a big pain in the ass and they are SUPER high maintenance. Have you ever tried to buy a birthday present for a boyfriend? Talk about stress. Who has that kind of time? 
Blech. 
Solitarily yours,
Bitter Amanda

No comments: